fredag 12. juni 2015

Project life - Creating the Bella Rouge Prima dress

This is another Project life page, created for Hobbykunst during Becky Higgins visit.

This spring, I created a dress form from scratch and a "Flaminco dress" with Prima's Bella Rouge Collection. This dress was part of my Prima DT call - 2015-2016. Creating the dress took about 100h of work over a month. The pattern for the dress was made in the same way as a wedding or ball gown with ruffles over a crinoline. Each ruffle have been worked to to fold in the places I wanted them to fold. 

I have had a lot of questions about the dress. I decided to do a Project Life page about the dress and the process of creating it.. 


This is the dress, with all the ruffles and flowers.


The Project life page is the story about the creation of the dress. I have used project life cards from Becky Higgins


I have also shown the papers in the Bella Rouge Collection, that I used for the dress


This is showing part of the prosess of creating the ruffles. The pattern for the ruffles were, drawn and cut out. Every ruffle was shaped to fall the way I wanted it to fall. The five layers of ruffles were drawn and reshaped five times, before I made them in the Prima paper and added them to the dress.


From dress form with skirt to final dress - 5 layers of ruffles and reshaping them all 5 times.


The film strips is washi tape. The butterflies are from Prima. The text is from Kaisercraft's Blue Bay collection.



2 kommentarer:

  1. So amazing work here from you again Kirsten.

    SvarSlett
  2. Kjempeflott side, og den kjolen er jo bare nydelig! :-D

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...