onsdag 10. august 2016

Working with rust and moss effects

Rust effects seems to be one of the "things" in "the mixed media world" this autumn. I have been testing out different rust effects over the past few years. For some reason, I like the effect (as long as it's not on my car).

On this little canvas, I tested Folk Art's rust effect set and moss effect set, from Hobbykunst. The sets have to sets of heavy structure paints, that you can add with a brush or as I would recommend - a sponge


On this small canvas, I have tried to mix the rough rust effect together with so the delicate colours of Maja design's Summertime collection.


The little heart is a little styrofoam heart, altered with embossed metal tape. The heart has then been painted. The clock in the background is made out of a foam sheet. I have also used some old screws and metal embellishments. The rust and moss paint works well on metal, foam and paper.





Materials used:


Maja Design: Glittering water - Summertime Maja Design: Having fun - Summertime  
FolkArt Faux Paint Kit - Rust FolkArt Faux Paint Kit - Moss
Mosegummi 2mm - Black Isopor - Hjerte 5 cm, flat bakside Ranger: Metal Foil Tape Sheets HOBBY LINE Male svamper

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...